Wednesday, February 11, 2015

CAS Sympathy Card


Sadly, we always do need sympathy cards and lately I've been in low supply. I need two this week already so I hope to make several that will be very similar...and very easy to make. CAS cards always seem more elegant to me...so appropriate.


I just got a new set of sentiment stamps and was able to try the lovely, scrolly "Deepest Sympathy" stamp for the first time. Then I found a font on my computer that matched perfectly (Marriage Script) to use for the inside sentiment. The new set is called "Thoughtful Greetings" from Fun Stampers Journey and has a variety of 9 favorite sentiments.
The card stock and paper are from my stash. The stamps I used: the circle is from the "Bluebell Remember" set by MME, the flower/leaves is from the "Leafy Swirls" set by Woodware. Black ink is "Black Licorice" from FSJ, lt taupe ink is Studio G.
Challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today! If you are interested in that lovely sentiment set you can order it easily by going to the Fun Stampers Journey website (just click on the aqua letters!) If you'd like to throw an on-line "party" and have your friends and family order some amazing craft items too...you will get "hostess" credit and could possibly get your stamps FREE. Check it out! Let me know if you are in the "party" mood!

3 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Sympathy cards are some of the hardest to create! yours is just so soft, simple and beautiful! Great job!!!

Thank you for sharing with us this week at Word Art Wednesday

Have a blessed day!
Heather

Debbie said...

What a wonderful sympathy card! It is very elegant with a comforting feel.
Thanks so much for playing along this week at TMS!!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so pretty Sandie, I love the soft colours.Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.