Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring is Coming!

Spring really IS coming to Michigan! This week is rainy but warmer and my tulips are up at least 6" already! I'm just starting to see a bright green tint in the woods...gotta love it!


Several challenges are asking for "Spring" themed cards/projects, so I made another one!
This one involves a new technique...new to me anyway! It is called "Wax paper Resist Technique". I saw it on the SweetStamps Blog...its is their monthly technique challenge for April. I thought it might be difficult to do...but wasn't! I tried it on the wrong kind of paper the first time and the results were disappointing...very pale colors and designs, but this time I'm happy with the results. I always think of bright spring green, new grass, blue skies and sunny days for Springtime....so that's what I put on this card.
I used a Sizzix embossing folder, "Flourishes, Dots" and also a Cuttlebug folder, "D'vine Swirls" with the wax paper to get my background. The flower is from StampingScrapping.com; button from my stash, leaves are stamped using "Fade Out Leaf" from Stamps by Judith; "Spring" is a stamp from Imaginisce.
Challenges being entered:
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com - "Wax Paper Resist Technique"
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com - "Spring is Coming" + stash: flowers



No comments: