Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Springtime Cup of Tea...or Two!

Once again a challenge I wanted to make a card for has the theme "Tea for Two" and I really wanted to use the adorable House Mouse stamp I have called "Feeling Rosey" with Maxwell sitting IN a cup of tea. But since its tea for TWO I thought I'd try doing a reverse stamp. I was surprised how well it worked! I stamped the image on my rubber mat for embossing in my Cuttlebug, then laid my paper on it and pressed evenly. I colored them both using Promarkers, Spectrum Noir markers and a few colored pencils, overlapped the reverse one so you can't see the tea bag tag which printed backwards, of course! So here it is:


The yellow rhinestones don't show up well in the photo but do catch the light nicely when held in your hand or propped for display.


The 2 challenges being entered:

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Cute! Love your papers and flower.

Thanks so much for joining us at CTO!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Those mice are adorable with your fun sentiment, such a sweet card! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Tea for two" Challenge :)