Saturday, January 26, 2013

Two Special Cards

First up is a baby card for my Pastor and his wife for their first baby,
a tiny girl named Anna!
I used a digital image from A Day for Daisies called "Mom Hugs"...one of my favorites!


The background paper is Fiskar/Heidi Grace Designs and it says "little sweet pea" on it...SO cute! The pink paper is embossed with the tiny hearts folder from Cuttlebug and the punched border is also Fiskar. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and colored pencils. A little bit of Stickles is added to the  baby's head and shoulder.


Inside there is a Bible verse on the left and my own greeting on the right, both are computer generated.
I am entering this in two challenges: 
http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com - Challenge #96 "Baby Card"

~~~***~~~

My next card is a birthday card for my very good friend Sherry. She is also a cardmaker so I decided to do a little special stuff on this one...I knew she'd appreciate it more than some folks!




 I used stitching, a vintage sewing machine image, some victorian women in a free image I found online, vintage "swan" scissors and thread (also freebies I found online), and an image of an old-fashioned dress form from StampingScrapping.com. I also added a little lace "skirt" to the dress form. "Labels 20" Spellbinders dies were used for the sentiment and the inside greeting. The purple flowered paper is from Hobby Lobby and all the rest...from my stash. Flatback pearls are from Pizzazz Aplenty. The "Best Wishes" stamps: outside is a generic borrowed from a friend, inside is PSX.

I am entering this one in:
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com - Challenge #117 "Vintage"
http://inkychicks.blogspot.co.uk - Challenge #2 "Becky's Bingo Grid" (Die cuts, bow, pearls)

7 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Two very beautiful cards, great designs.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Adrian said...

Cute baby card! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Debbie said...

Sweet baby card!! The card for your friend is gorgeous!! It is nice to make one for someone when we know they appreciate the work!! :)

Esther said...

Aww!!!! So precious!!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Such a fabulous image and I love how you have finished the theme inside and out! Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week @ CTO for our "Baby Card" challenge :)

coops said...

so stunning.fabulous vintage images and design and i love your colours.
thanks for joining in our vintage theme at the Crafts and Me Challenge :D

xx coops xx

RoseC said...

Sandie, your lacy dress form looks fabulous with your supporting stamped vintage images on this pretty birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose