Friday, December 7, 2012

3 Cards for Daydream Designs DT


Peace, Hope, Joy...that is what I pray you will experience during this special time of year! Christmas is just around the corner...are you ready? It should be such a joyous time of celebrating the birth of Christ, the Savior of mankind...but I know it can also be a very stressful time. May each of you be blessed with the true peace and joy that comes only from knowing the Savior...the Hope of the world!


I am on the DT at Daydream Designs, a wonderful digital image/paper store online, that has amazing new stuff coming out almost every week! The first card (above) has a base layer of red print called "KBsnowflakes8-red" from the Elegant Snowflakes set; also from that set is the next layer, the green print called "Flakes-SL-MdGreen", which is die cut using Spellbinders "Pendants- Fleur de Lis". The next layer is also cut from the die using a recycled piece of a gold foil box. The top layer, white cs from my stash, is the die cut called "Labels 4"; distressed a bit while still in the die using Tim Holtz "Antique Linen". The sentiment I printed from my computer using the Daydream Designs set called Christmas Blessings. The 4 little gems are "5mm Red Rhinestone Squares" from Pizzazz Aplenty.



My next card features 2 brand new digi sets that just came out called Sweet Warm Ups -one is Digi Papers and the other is the Color Digi set (images + sentiments). So pretty and fun to work with!
I like the warm colors...nice and cozy for a cold winter day, don't you think?


The bottom layer of paper on this card is a piece of pink foil gift wrap (!); then the next layer up is two digi prints from the Sweet Warm Ups set, they're called "Cocoa Mugs- Cream" & "Stripes- Diagonal"; the layer behind the "Let's warm up together" is called "Coffee Words"; the sentiments are, of course, from the Sentiments set.


Once again I've used the "Pendants- Fleur de Lis" die along with "Labels 15". And I distressed the edges while still in the dies again. I like the soft, yet clean and crisp look that gives. The brown cs, brown ribbon, and cream twine are all from my stash. The bling is "3mm Dk Chocolate Pearls" and "2mm & 4mm Pink Rhinestones" from Pizzazz Aplenty. Those I adhere with glue, but for the ribbon I use Glue Dots.
Ooooooo...I just remembered something I have in my craftroom and haven't used since last Christmas: scented oil! I have a Christmas scent, a mint and maybe a chocolate. Hmmm...might have to add that!




Well, on to the the last of the three: a simple Merry Christmas card. This one uses a digi image, nicely pre-colored, called "Holly Wreath" from the Deck the Halls Color Set.


The set has a nice variety of wreaths...some with bows, some with poinsettias...all ready to resize and print for a very easy, elegant card.


The sentiment is from the Christmas Blessings set (shown above). For my background I used plain white, embossed it with the Sizzix folder called "Dots, Circles & Stars".


The wreath is attached with foam dots so the scalloped edge shows up better. That die is the Spellbinders "Scalloped Circles Lg". I added a dark red ribbon and, of course, the finishing touch: Sickles "Star Dust" on the holly berries!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my little showcasing of these amazing digital images and papers from Daydream Designs.
Have a peaceful, hopeful, joyful week, my friends!

2 comments:

Diane Noble said...

These are all amazing, Sandie! The framed words are so elegant and beautiful. And the way you framed them is just stunning...love those dies and done in gold...so pretty. Love all the rich warmness of card #2. So sweetly displayed on the papers. Love how you've showcased them on this card. Very nice presentation. And card #3 is just spectacular. Love the way the scallop die fits the wreath and your sweet stickles glitter adds just the right bling. Love them all. What a fabulous display of talent. What a joy to have you on the team!

Debbie said...

These are all beautiful, Sandie!! On all of them, I love the way you have really showcased the image/sentiment!! Great idea to cut out the center of the wreath, too!!