Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SOS Challenge 78 ~LEAVES~

If you are looking for the Daydream Designs Blog Hop, please scroll down to the next post!
At Shopping Our Stash this week we have a really fun challenge using leaves!
Challenge 78 :  "I'm Leafing it up to You" - use a leaf or many leaves on your project! Images of leaves are fine too...plants, trees, etc. and/or dimensional leaves- punches, die cuts, prima-esque, etc.
Lots of possibilities there!


The card I came up with uses the same oak leaf stamp (SU) that I used on another card recently...yes, it is an old favorite (a garage-sale find!). I once again made a background paper with the stamp, then spritzed it with Smooch Spritz.
The cardstock is all from my stash; the dies used are some fairly new ones from Spellbinder called "Fleur de Lis Squares"; the real leaves I used are some tiny ones I found last year in our woods and pinned them on my bulletin board in my craftroom (they've been hanging there over a year and are a bit brittle!); the sentiment is the Bible text that is offered as a digital image this week at Word Art Wednesday. I am entering this card in their challenge.
Since I just love trees and leaves this was an easy assignment this week. I hope you like leaves too and will join in our challenge this week. For more inspiration visit our main blog and/or the DT members' blogs. Lots of really talented ladies!

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous, Sandie! I absolutely love the fleur-de-lis Spellbinders - that edge is so pretty! Too fabulous that you used REAL leaves :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Simply beautiful, Sandie! You always do such a nice job, and it just blesses my heart when you share your sweet cards in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. It's SO nice to have you play along, and I thank you for your paricipation!
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! So neat that you used real leaves!!

Unknown said...

The card is a joy to look at. It sets the mind to pondering the might oak form the tiny acorn grew...
It is a beautiful card and I'm pleased you posted with us. Thank you.
Psalm 103 Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous card- and love the verse!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - Wow! This is beautiful! I love that you added real leaves, they look great! This would be beautiful on display on someone's mantle!
Blessings,
Michelle

lauren bergold said...

you know, i was going to ask if those are real leaves! that is BRILLIANT, makes an already gorgeous design even BETTER!!! ♥