Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #162


Well, after taking a week off, I'm back! Refreshed...peaceful and calm! Fall camping...wonderful! We (DH and I) went to Pokagon State Park in Indiana for just 3 days. The first day, when we got there, was cold and wet and we stayed inside our little trailer reading (hubby) and crafting (me!). But Tuesday and Wednesday were absolutely beautiful! The sky was that deep blue you get only on really clear days and the leaves were just glowing in the sunshine. We biked and hiked until our legs felt like rubber! LOL
But now we are back home, refreshed and already immersed in reality!
 God is good... all the time!

So here is this week's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Hostess:
The precious Peggysue!

Challenge:
Make a card that to you represents peace or calm; with an image, color scheme, CAS layout or verse, something that speaks peace to you, but peace symbols themselves are excluded. The card has to speak peace through your own style.

Scripture:
 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 (NIV)

Sponsor:
Daydream Designs (by our very own DT sweetie Diane Noble!)
She is generously offering a $20.00 gift voucher for store product to the one randomly chosen winner!

And here is the CAS card I came up with, using one of the pre-colored digital images from Daydream Designs (the "Sunflowers and Pumpkins Colorized" set):

(So sorry for the poor picture quality...I took this photo with my phone because
I loaned my camera to my daughter!)

Autumn is my favorite time of year! It does make me feel "Ahhhhhhh!" Yes, there is a bit of sadness about seeing plants die and the trees become bare but there is always the promise of spring and the wonderful reminder that God IS in control. And, yes! He has already won the victory! He has overcome the world... and sin, and death, and sadness! Because of that great truth I can experience peace and calm, and so can anyone who believes that Jesus Christ died to pay for our sins, then rose again victorious and has secured a place in heaven for us.
Please join in our challenge this week! For more inspiration you can visit the main blog at SSiC and also check out my fellow DT members' blogs which are all listed in my sidebar!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a blessed week, my Friends!

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Sandie, I love this CAS card for fall! A perfect pumpkin - just can't beat that! Very nice!

So glad y'all had a good camping trip and it does sound wonderful!!

Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - This is a wonderful card. That image is great and I love the sentiment! I also love the 2 rhinestones you added :) So glad you had fun camping.
Blessings,
Michelle

Miesje said...

OH I love your picture! It sounds like your 3 day retreat was perfect - - and peaceful! Have a good week.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! Sounds like you had a great time away!!

Helen said...

Oh, Sandie! I chuckled when I read your note below your card! I can't decide if it was because it makes me so happy that He has won the victory or because you used so many exclamation points (which I absolutely love!) I'm glad you had a great time camping! And your card is so beautiful! I love the simple elegence of it! Thanks for making me smile this afternoon! Have a blessed week! ~H

Diane Noble said...

CAS cards are difficult for me, but you have mastered the technique with this card, Sandie. I love it. The little touches of bling with the rhinestones are perfect. I'm so glad you had a respite and fun time camping.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sandie - what a simply lovely card! You ROCK CAS my friend! Love the photo of you Sandie - stunning in amongst the trees. Love all you have shared!!!!!!!! :) {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

I always love pumpkins and this one is no exception. Great job laying out a very sweet CAS card. And thanks for your thoughts, AND the lovely Fall photo of you enjoying God's creation!

MariLynn said...

I am so glad that you got to get away and get out in God's wonderful world. Your cas card with the bling is gorgeous! Hugs and Blessings!

Vicki said...

Awwww. I envy your time camping in the woods. You live in such a nice area to do that. Love your card too!