Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October Calendar

I recently downloaded and printed some new FALL images, beautifully pre-colored, from the "Sunflowers and Pumpkins" set by Daydream Designs. Because I am on their DT I try to post a project made with their amazing images at least twice a month, usually more! These colorful images were just asking to be used on something!


I love the fence and really wanted to use a nice long one (this is 2 sections together) so decided on a slightly bigger project than usual. A not a card! This calendar is 11"x 9". The numbered calendar I made as a Word document and printed on white cardstock, rounded 2 corners and distress-inked the edges. 


I fussy-cut the pumpkins and birds...the fence was much easier to cut around! Then I added Stickles and a few glitter flowers, a small ribbon/bow and a button. Daydream Designs has several beautiful Fall image and sentiment sets...worth taking a "look-see"!

Now I hope to use this calendar in my craftroom by writing on it all the occasions that I will need a card for in the month of October. I can add in names of people from church who are ill, recovering from surgery, "shut-ins"...anyone mentioned in the church bulletin as having a special need. Sometimes for me the hardest part is not making the cards but actually getting them in the mail! I'm a terrible procrastinator! Lots of good intentions!

10 minutes later...
Another "duh" moment! (I think that's the second one this week! Yikes!)
I just went to the Daydream Designs online store and saw calendars! So my project would have been an even better showcasing of Diane's stuff if I had just used her calendar (instead of spending a half hour making my own!) One is called "Wall Calendar" and is 5 1/2" x 6" which would have fit quite nicely.
Hind-sight...its a wonderful thing! (sorry Diane!)

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Me too! I have a terrible time getting things going in the mail - on time, or sometimes even AT ALL. I have lists. I think I need a calendar. Wonderful idea, Sandie :)

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! Great idea to make a reminder calendar!! DD has such great images, we could find them suitable for every month!! Thanks... I'm stealing your idea! :)

Jennipher said...

This turned out great! I thought you had used Diane's Calendar until the very end of your post. I purchased her 2013 version and hope that I can make something as wonderful as you with it.

Diane Noble said...

Oh, Sandie...this is fantastic!!! I love how you've decorated your calendar. A fantastic idea! I even thought it was a DD calendar at first!!!! Sorry I'm late hopping on here (internet still out), but I'm so glad I got to see this one via phone. Have a wonderful week!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fantastic idea! The image is perfect for a calendar! I love how it anchors the bottom!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Great job! Love this!
Michelle

Vicki said...

This is a darling calender page. Such a nice job with the cut out pumpkins and fence.