Sunday, September 23, 2012

SSiC Challenge #158

Challenge:
Create a card/project with something handmade on it!
Could be a flower, stitching, patterned paper - show us your creativity!

Scripture:
Psalm 139:14
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

Sponsor: 
A Day for Daisies - www.adayfordaisies.com/stamps/

Prize offered to one randomly drawn name:
$12 gift card 

Hostess:
The lovely Linda
Please check out the devo she wrote about Psalm 139:14 at the main blog, SSiC,
or at her own blog. Inspirational thoughts!


Ok, I made this challenge SO much harder than necessary! It took me forever to make this "easy" card! I usually like making my own flowers but just coming up with what to use...oh, my! I sorted through my supplies again and again and while looking for something else came across the dried corn husks. Ahh yes...perfect for fall! So that is my handmade item! And, yes, it could also be considered a bow...so whatever you want to call it is fine with me.


The other ingredients:
The bird image is from our sponsor, A Day for Daisies, called "Flitter", colored with colored pencils
Gingham background paper is one of the "Rustic Gingham" digi papers from Daydream Designs
The Spellbinders "Labels 4"die cut was spritzed with Smooch Spritz and dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, then lightly inked
The sentiment is computer generated
The brad and other papers are from my stash

Hope you feel inspired to join our challenge this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! We'd love to see what handmade items you create!

8 comments:

CarlaKH said...

what a sweet little birdie! I love this!

Diane Noble said...

I love your creation for this week's challenge, Sandie! What a sweet image, but I really, really like your cornhusk flower; it's amazing! What a novel idea. It's perfect for the card. The whole presentation is just delightful. Have a blessed week, my friend!

jimlynn said...

Love it! That corn husk bow is just perfect on here. Sweet and cute image too!
Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - This is so cute! Great image and great bow/flower! I love that element it looks fantastic!! Great job!
Blessings,
Michelle

Miesje said...

I love it! Great flower/bow - why didn't I think of that?! Fantastic. Love the image too.

Helen said...

Very lovely card! I think Bluebirds are so beautiful! Your bow is awesome! It's perfect for this card! Love it! Have a blessed day! ~H

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Sandie! Your card is really sweet, and you used the image beautifully. I'd really love to have you stop by Word Art Wednesday (we're the sister site to SSIC) and share your art with us there. It would be a blessing to have you play along with us. Hope you're having a super week.
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sandie - this is adorable!! Love the corn husks recycled - a gorgeous detail - they are perfect for this weeks challenge! I hope you have a blessed week Sistah! {{{hugs}}}