Sunday, August 19, 2012

SSiC Challenge # 153- "Use A Sentiment ONLY"

Happy Sunday to you all!
This morning I am here to tell you about the next challenge, an unusual one, that I happen to like very much!
We are being challenged to "Use a Sentiment ONLY - NO Images"!
This week our very talented hostess is Candace.
The Bible verse she chose for this challenge is Proverbs 30:5
"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

Our generous sponsor is once again Our Daily Bread Designs.
They are offering a $15 gift certificate to one randomly drawn winner from all the participants! That winner will get to shop in their wonderful online store! They have many new releases that just came out for August...both stamps and dies! Beautiful stuff!

I was able to take a sneek preview of the cards our DT has come up with for this challenge and WOW! they have all done amazing things! You can see all of their cards at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog or you can go to the individual blogs of each DT member by clicking on their name in my sidebar. Enjoy!
I sure hope you will be inspired to join our challenge this week!

I made two cards this week. The first one is kind of CAS and the 2nd one is definitely not CAS!

"Thank You" for stopping by my blog today!

Do you think this one took a little longer to make than the 1st one?
You got that right!
The Bible verse is an ODBD stamp, part of the "Lighthouse" set.

But one thing that did make it a little easier is a new set of  dies I have called
"Card Creator"* designed by Cindy Echtinaw for Spellbinders. They are rectangles that
are proportioned to fit on A2 size cards. They are perfect for layering and are "stepped down" in size by 1/4" but there are actually 2 sets available and when combined they "step down" by 1/8" increments. I really like the precise look you get when layering them. The other dies is from the Spellbinders set called "Fleur de Lis Accents"* and "Labels 4". The background stamp I used is a JustRite stamp called "Elegant Fronds"*...a new favorite of mine!
* All starred items are from www.StampingScrapping.com, my favorite craft store!


8 comments:

Becky said...

Wonderful cards, love the second one, gorgeous colors and design.

Miesje said...

Beautiful - I like the CAS card but the second just blows me out of the water! Awesome card - awesome verse - awesome colors. Have a great week!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - I love both of these cards. You did such a lovely job with both of them. I love how you inked and layered the dies. Beautiful!
Blessings,
Michelle

Diane Noble said...

WOW....having these card side by side showcases your creative talents so well. It's hard to move from CAS to fully embellished and you have done both so creatively, so beautifully. Fabulous cards....love them both! Blessings on your week, Sandie!

Traci M said...

I really like your CAs design, it just sings to me!! Your second is gorgeous!! Wishing you a wonderfully blessed week!

Unknown said...

The teal card is so beautiful. The flower really adds to it.

Lovely Linda said...

Fabulous cards Sandie - each perfect in their own right! I love your colours and th details! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your new Design Team - what a blessing! {{{Hugs}}}

Helen said...

OH my goodness! These are awesome! I love your colorful thank you card with the buttons that match! Such a clever idea! Your second card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the blue with the craft and that flower is beautiful! Wonderful verse to use for this card!