Sunday, August 12, 2012

SSiC Challenge #152 "Home"

Good Sunday Morning, to you all! May you all have a blessed day, worshipping our God!
Today's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is to create something that shows
"Something that means HOME to you".
Our talented hostess this week is Traci!
Our generous sponsor, who is offering a $10 store voucher, is DRS Designs!
Check out their wonderful store at www.drsdesigns.com !
The Bible passage Traci chose is John 14:1-6

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am , there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going."

I really like Traci's theme this week...what really means HOME to us. I thought about it several different times and always came up with the same thing: Heaven is my home! I'm just passing through this world and look forward to my permanent residence in Heaven! But "Heaven" is hard to illustrate! So I used my 2nd choice: Home means family to me.
I made a little postcard using an old family photo. Its not one of my favorite photos because one of my daughters is missing...she was already married. So I think the year it was taken was 1998.


The little kitty charm was added because the whole time my kids grew up we had a cat named Tiger. We got him as a kitten when my youngest was less than 2 and Tiger moved 4 times with us and finally died at the ripe old age of 19. Lots of family snapshots include that old cat!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you can join our challenge this week at SSiC and let us see what means HOME to you!

9 comments:

Miesje said...

Great picture - hey, I had that denim jumper too! Loved that thing! I agree - family is home for me too; our earthly home. Have a great week!

Diane Noble said...

Oh, Sandie...you are just the coolest ever. What a delightful depiction of what says home to you. Love the collage-words framing your family. Says it all! The little cat charm is too perfect. This is so sweet....a window to your heart as well as your home!

Karen Letchworth said...

Just beautiful, Sandie! Hope you are doing well, and that you will be able to play along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We look forward to seeing your beautiful art in our challenges, and really hope that you will join us!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

CarlaKH said...

How neat is this! Love the cute kitty charm too!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family you have. Love the kitty, too.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - That's what home means to me too. I love having my family around. Even if I am not hanging out with my kids and my "extra" kids, I just love having them here. Love what you created! All the words in the different fonts are perfect!
Many blessings,
Michelle

Unknown said...

We have had some beloved pets as well and I noticed that when we travel, I really start to miss them, so I like that kitty charm you included. Our pets also say 'home' to me. Great layout and such treasured photos. Great contribution this week to the 'home' theme!

Helen said...

This is adorable!!! What a beautiful family you have! The sentiments are awesome, too! Love the charm! Have a blessed day! ~H

Traci M said...

This is a beautiful addition to this week's SSiC team's gallery...I love the photo collage and seeing your beautiful family! Family says home to me, also!! Love your work, Sandie! Wishing you a blessed week!