Sunday, June 17, 2012

SSiC Challenge #144 "You are God's Masterpiece"


         

 Greetings, on this glorious Sunday!
This week we, the "sisters" at SSiC, have another very interesting challenge for you! And it will reveal something about you to all who see your creation/craft/card. Sure hope you decide to participate! For more info and to read a little devotional about this week's challenge verse go to the main blog: Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Our hostess this week, Jerusha, wants us to be aware that each one of us is a masterpiece created by God to do His good works! Each of us is unique and uniquely talented. As you think about what makes you YOU, think about how God has gifted you with your own likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, preferences, personality traits, talents....even looks....all for the purpose of glorifying Him by your actions & words....by your very life!
This week, make a card or project that reveals YOU...tells others something important about who you are.

Happy Hostess: Jerusha
 Theme Bible Verse:

  For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Challenge: Create something that reflects you - you are God's masterpiece! 
Prize: $15 in digital images, for one randomly selected entry 

The two pictures above are my "backyard"...we live in a woods and the trees are about 90 feet tall or more! I absolutely love trees! Always have! I love all the things associated with them too: their leaves and how they change color with the seasons, their branches and trunks that contrast with the snow each winter, the coolness/shade they provide all summer, the fresh smell after a rain, the way sunlight filters through the leaves, and the many, many birds that enjoy life in their branches, singing and chirping throughout the day.
Whenever I look at my woods...or ANY trees, for that matter!...I am always amazed at the variety, beauty, and the perfect, intricate design of each one. As Ogden Nash once said in a poem, "Only God could make a tree." Trees point my heart to the Creator, as they lift their branches upward toward the sun they remind me that is what I need to do: seek Light and Life from above. As they grow their roots deep in the earth I am reminded that I too need to dig deep into God's Word for sustenance and Living Water.
  

So the card I made HAD to include something about trees! Or leaves! And since our sponsor is Clear Dollar Stamps, and I actually have just a few little leaf stamps of theirs, I decided to use them! They are perfect for this project. I made a background paper out of them, stamping them in 4 different colors and lightly "smudging" the same colors in a few spots so I didn't have just a white background. This card shows several of my very favorite things: 
  • the color green
  • leaves
  • embossing
  • die cuts
  • sheer ribbon
  • a clean design
  • Stickles (!)
  • Plus, the card is for my best friend, by hubby, for Father's Day!

Ingredients:
Clear Dollar Stamps- "Leaf Trio, clear acrylic"
StampingScrapping Design Stamps- ('With Love') "Lacey Circles" set
Spellbinders Die Cut- Shapeabilities "Fleur de Lis Accents"
Cuttlebug- Embossing Folder "D'vine Swirls"
Pizzazz Aplenty- Twine "Dream String, Olive"
Michaels flat brads- "Stud Embellishments"
Cardstock, Ribbon, Button- from my stash

 Well, that's about wraps it up! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!
For more inspiration check out all my Design Team Sisters' blogs. They are all listed on my sidebar: just click on their names!

7 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Oh, so beautiful, Sandie! What a heartwarming explanation of how this card reflects the beauty of God's creation that so deeply touches you. I love trees too, and your card captures your love of them so creatively. It's just beautiful. Have a week filled with wonder of the God of the universe who loves you so!

L. D. said...

Your creations are wonderful. Great design, great color and very creative works.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sandie - this is beautful and shows your style perfectly! I love the way you have shared how you are inspired - thank you! God bless you dear Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Sandie!! I love all of the different shades of green! Thanks so much for your very sweet comment! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs, Tammy

Helen said...

I'm sure your husband adored this card! It's beautiful! I love your embossed bottom portion and punched border in the middle. Your lay out is awesome. Everything about this card is amazing! Have a blessed day! ~H

MariLynn said...

Sandie, you card for you husband turned out so well. I love the leaves on it. I really enjoyed reading about your love of trees. On Sunday afternoon, I just stood looking up into the branches of the old oak tree near my house. There was a bird calling out from it and I was trying to figure out where he was. It was the most beautiful cardinal. The leaves from the tree were so thick that it hid him so well for a long time.(Either that or my eyes are going lol!) I hope you are having a wonderful blessed day.

Unknown said...

Sandy just this evening I took a walk and was noticing the many varied types of trees and leaves as I went along. Not just the leaves, but the bursts of color in the flowers too! Although I must admit, I do like the green of the trees and the greens in your card, so soothing! And such a great reminder of how we need to drink deeply of God's love for us, like the roots of the trees. Thanks for your thoughts.