Friday, March 16, 2012

A Mother's Day Rose

My first Mother's Day card of the season! I have been asked to make several MD cards for a fundraiser that will take place the week before MD...to raise money for a couple from my church who are missionaries to India. So I have been busy in my craftroom all week! I'm also making other greeting cards to donate and will post them soon too.

Most of the items used to make this card...the DP, the rhinestones, etc...are just from my stash. But I would like to mention my new flower die that I was able to experiment with for this card. Its the Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Spiral Blossom One", and I used their "Foliage" die to make the pink leaves.

The sentiment on the front as well as on the iside is computer generated...just something I wrote. If you like it you may certainly copy/use it.
Oh, and the rose w/streamers stamp is from the "Rose Fleur de Lis" set by StampingScrapping Design.

I am entering this card in just one challege: http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/ - #130 "Dark & Light"

6 comments:

L. D. said...

This is such a beautiful card. Great job. I like the design and the dimensional parts of the card. The colors are well done.

Anonymous said...

Love the card Sandi. Looking forward to what you will come up with using your gifts for the fundraiser. thanks, Marilyn

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. That rose really makes it special. I hope your cards for the fundraiser bring you lots of joy making them. I know they will bless others. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Have a blessed week.

Mickel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mickel said...

I love the card!!! I had the way you made your flower wrong...I'm gonna have to try those out! Such a pretty flower and card!

Julie said...

Beautiful card, I love your gorgous flower.