Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas is Over, the New Year Has Begun

I don't really like the sound of that..."Christmas is Over"...we are suppose to keep Christmas in our hearts all year long! Remembering the precious gift of a Savior and sharing that joy every single day should be my goal. But the reality is that I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of every-day life that I forget. THIS year I will try harder to remember...Jesus is the "reason for the season"...and He's the reason for everything else too!
But the New Year certainly has begun! The fudge is finally gone! I had to go back to work today. The Christmas tree is down and most of the decorations are put away...my living room looks huge again! But I kind of miss the glow and twinkle of hundreds of tiny lights in the corner where the tree was. I write notes to myself every year now and tuck them away with my Christmas "stuff" telling me what to use next year and new ideas on how to streamline or improve or change the "theme". Do any of you do that too? I used to think I'd remember the next year...I'm more realistic now. I know how forgetful I am! And sometimes my ideas are just so amazingly good (LOL) I don't want to risk forgetting. 
The SMASH books were a big success...well, at least the girls all seemed to like them alot! Two of the girls, the two w/o tiny children, took time to look at each page, ooohhhing and aaahhhing at their favorites. I think Linzy will probably use her's the most...it just fits her personality. She started right in on using it...had everyone in the family write something that very night at the Christmas gathering.
This is Kate signing Linzy's SMASH book. Kate is the oldest daughter; Chris is #2...she is in the background holding her new son Jonathan (2 1/2 mos.); Linz is #3 and Emily is #4.
Our 2 sons John and Jeff (aka Biff) are mixed in there too.
This is Emily, and YES, she really is THAT pregnant! She is tall and thin and her little belly does actually look just like a bowling ball! We went bowling before our Christmas party at home this year...everyone wants to do family activities instead of lots of gifts. We had a great time! Even the little 2 year olds pushed bowling balls down the lanes!
Emz, Me, Linz...with proper Christmas headgear!

December 25 is Lilly's birthday too! She turned 2 this year. She had a little trouble blowing out both candles...Dad (Dave) had to help!

Well, if you've read this far, Thank you! for letting me ramble and introduce some of my family to you.
As we head into this new year together as friends, crafters and fellow bloggers may we all enjoy
God's daily Blessing!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family.