Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful!

 Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!
 Yes, I'm thankful for so many things in this "Thankful" season! I'm thanking God today, first, that I may know Him...because Jesus His Son made that possible by paying for my sins on the cross; and also for the many, many blessings I experience every single day: the love of family and friends, the abundance of good "things" like my lovely home, my faithful church, plenty of food and clothing, the beauty of nature, good health...but especially the priveledge of living in a country that still treasures freedom and the people willing to serve in the armed forces to defend that freedom.
I realize that many people are not as "fortunate" as me and may find it painful to read about my blessings. I do understand that and my heart goes out to you. We all go through different seasons of our lives...this is a very pleasant one for me. But there will undoubtedly be other seasons more difficult to bear. I am thankful today that...come what may...I know I will be carried through by Someone far stronger and capable than me, my Redeemer, who reminds me each day:
"But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
And I am thankful for all my blogging/crafting friends that I have met through my cardmaking and blogging! I'm hoping & praying that each of you has a very blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
This simple card is for all of you reading this!
It's simple because it has only 2 main elements: the printed cardstock and the die cut. The cardstock is called "Hello Fall" by Best Creation; the die cut is a GEO Die, this is #10; and the sentiments are from the SSD Stamps set "Happy Fall". I also used Glue Dots and Stix 2 Anything pop squares. All of these items are available at http://www.stampingscrapping.com/ . The baler twine and the tan cardstock are from my stash.