Monday, November 14, 2011

New Baby: Jonathan!

Wow! Its been a couple very busy weeks around here! I now have SIX grandchildren! The new one is a tiny adorable boy-bundle named Jonathan Russell (Dad's name is Russell). He was born November 2 at about 4:30 AM, weighed 6# 4 oz. and was 19 inches. Mom (Chris) and baby did fine and they are home adjusting to a new life, actually the whole family is readjusting. His 2 older brothers play just as noisily as before and Jonathan sleeps right through it! Here he is:

I offered to make some "new baby" announcements for them. I made about 15, all just a little bit different but with the same basic BLUE card stock and the same nursery animal stamped images (from Stampin' Up). On the inside is a little form for Chris to fill out with all the pertinent data, and a Bible verse: either
  • Ps. 139:13-14 "For you formed my inward parts: You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well." OR
  •  Ps.127:3-5a "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them..." 

I had quite a stash of colored buttons so I attached some on most of the cards. I tried to use very flat embellishments on some of the cards so it would be easier for her to mail them. I only took a picture of the last 2 cards. In the blank area inside the card Chris will attach a wallet-size picture of Jonathan.

No comments: