Once again, I'm not too happy with the blurry quality of the first picture...still saving for a new camera! The layout was a sketch I had to follow for a challenge at Verve Stamps which was not an easy one to deal with for me. I have had for some time now some beautiful printed die cuts that came as a set, called "Que Sera Sera" from K&Co. I took them out and compared them to lots of printed cardstock I have and realized I have a whole tablet of cardstock that matches them so I wanted to incorporate some of them into this card. THAT took even more time! So for ingredients:
- all the die cuts are K&Co.
- the stamp on the front is Inkadinkadoo
- the Bible verse on the inside is Verve
- the birthday sentiment is Stampabilities
- the DP is from my stash
- the navy pearls are Queen & Co., the rhinestones (??)
***The 2nd card's picture is the wrong format (taken with my cell phone) and Blogger won't load it so I have to get another picture of it somehow ....should be interesting since I already gave it to someone!***
OK, I got a not-very-good copy to download and I guess that will have to do! This B-day card has another of the printed die cuts on it and more inside. Actually the little flower on the tag is one too. I had to scan a picture of this card and it made it look like the paper is "warbly" at the top but it wasn't. The ribbon was rose and lime green...not sure why it looks yellow on the side. The die cuts have copper stamped on them in places, that is why I went with the peach colored rhinestones. It really did turn out quite nice. Sorry about the awful picture! Ingredients:
- Printed die cuts- K&Co.DP- Imaginesce, K&Co.
- Scalloped circle die cut- Spellbinders
- Stamp, ribbon, gems, brad- all from my stash
- This is the 3rd card, from the Week 3 Sketch at Viva la Verve May 2011 Challenge. (It IS possible I have the weeks mixed up! I'll check their site again and fix it if I have it wrong.) This is also a Birthday card, and with several summer birthdays coming up it will go out to some one soon. Here's the list of ingredients:
- Stamps: Verve, Stampabilities (2), and (??-"Best Wishes")
- DP: Imaginesce, and from my stash
- Flower: StampingScrapping.com
- Border punch: Martha Stewart
- Ink: Memento, Stampabilities
Ribbon: my stash
Now for the last 2 cards. The Week 4 card is a Sympathy card and will also be entered in the Magnolia challenge: "Dry Emboss Background" at http://magnoliastamplovers.blogspot.com/ The ingredients: the Rose is a Maggie stamped image, colored with colored pencils; the swirls are Leafy Swirls from Woodware USA, the green cardstock is embossed with a Sizzix folder, the DP is from K&Co., the rhinestones are Queen & Co., ribbon is from my stash.
This last card is, obviously, another birthday card, probably for my oldest daughter Kate. Her birthday is not until June 10 but she is so busy with "life" that she never gets on here so I'm safe showing it! I hope. This sketch was a little hard to work with too, for me anyway. The 3 different color panels at the bottom seemed too busy for me but I did want to try making a background DP using the Woodware USA Leafy Swirls stamps...so that was a good place to use that. Ingredients: Spellbinder die cuts- Standard Circles Lg, Scalloped Circles; HB stamp is Stampabilities (I think); House Mouse stamp is Feeling Rosey, Leafy Swirls is by Woodware USA; DP is DCWV and from my stash, as are the ribbon and charm.
Thanks for looking at this looooong post! Take care!